How to create your custom scent
Having a bespoke scent created just for you is a luxury many of us dream of but few ever get the chance to experience.
ONE SEED has created Scent Bar to bring this luxurious experience to everyone who loves beautiful, unique fragrances. Scent Bar allows you to customise your fragrance to your scent preferences.
Chose from over forty different natural extracts and our perfumer will craft them into your very own bespoke scent! And there is no wait time as our Scent Bar notes are pre-tinctured and aged, ready to blend.
(For more help, see tips at the bottom of this page).
There is very little that can go wrong with your Scent Bar blend, and we are here to tweak it if you need us to! So get adventurous and don't be scared!
Below is a list of the natural extract available in our Scent Bar, and the basic character of each one:
|Blood orange||Fresh & juicy citrus. Gives a juicy, playful lift to any scent|
|May chang (listea)||
Fresh, juicy and aromatic. Like lemongrass but sweeter
sharp, woody with citrus undertones. Great with woods and tobacco
fresh, green and uplifting. Pairs well with everything
fresh, florally-citrus. Very uplifting. Pairs well with everything
cherry blossom/marzipan notes. Beautiful with fruity, spicy or light floral notes
woody and warm. Blends especially well with sweet notes
fresh, clean and woody
very delicate. Gives a slight fruity jam-like backnote. (Note: this is an accent note, and not strong enough to create a raspberry-themed scent)
|Cucumber||fresh, light and clean|
|Fresh lemon||clean, uplifting lemon peel aroma|
|Fresh-cut grass||From leaf aldehyde. Exactly like freshly mowed grass on a summers day. Not long-lasting but so lovely!|
sweet, heady floral. Blends well with everything
soft powdery floral. Makes everything smell better!
|Peach||from natural isolates. Juicy and fruity|
clean, green, aromatic floral
|Pineapple||from natural isolates. Juicy and sweet, just like fresh pineapple|
soft, musky oriental floral. Pairs with everything
green & aromatic, like a mountain-top pine forest
|Cypress||fresh, green & woody|
a soft yet full-bodied, floral with green leafy accents
|Ginger||warm, clean and spicy. Pairs well with anything.|
sharp, clean and peppery with slight floral backnotes. Pairs well with everything
|Rosewood||from leaf. Rare and exotic. A beautiful, powdery soft wood note with a deep rosy aroma.|
rich, sweet, true coconut aroma
cool, green and herbal with musk undertones
Clean, green, floral with a delicate rounded orange blossom aroma
clean, warm and dry with a familiar "pencil-shavings" tone
|Cardamom||aromatic and clean, just like the freshly-grated spice|
|Violet petals||from natural isolates. Clean, light and powdery|
|Sweet fir balsam||
caramelised burnt sugar scent with green forest overtones. One of our favourites!
smoky, earthy and sweet. Adds intrigue to any other notes when used in small doses
|Cotton Candy||maltol natural isolate. Soft, sweet, playful and long-lasting.|
smooth, warm and deep, and a little sweet in the best possible way
deep, sweet and woody. More woody and less candy-like. Blends well with everything
soft and understated. Softens and supports every other note
smoky, woody, earthy and damp. Blends well with woods, citrus and florals
sweet and earthy with a mossy undertone. Blends well with everything
crushed violet leaves. Green floral. Great with florals and woods. Also, a beautiful juxtaposition to sweet notes
smoky and earthy. Blends well with everything.
green, sweet and earthy. Notes of the forest floor. Blends well with everything
damp and mossy and a little oceanic. Adds carnal depth and intrigue to any perfume.
creamy and lightly smoky with slightly salty undertones
|Frankincense||aromatic and light with an incense character and a lemon backnote. Deepens any blend without making it heavy|
|Tonka Bean||sweet, woody and caramel-ish|
|Vanillin||sweet and powdery and candy-like|
Ready to do it? Shop Scent Bar now.
Need more help? Here are more tips for creating something beautiful and unique:
- If you're not sure, start with a small sample bottle (2ml) to make sure you love the scent, then you can upgrade to a full-sized 30ml bottle for your next round ($99), or you can choose an entirely different blend to keep things interesting!
- To easily create a simple, balanced scent, go for 2 top, 2 middle and 1-2 base notes, and choose notes that are similar in character, or you might find together in your favourite food, dessert or wine.
- For example, a blood orange top note, paired with a pear heart note and vanilla base notes make a lovely sweet and juicy fragrance. A coriander top note, bay middle note and woods base note is fresh, woody and a little spicy.
- Take inspiration from a favourite perfume or body cream, and choose notes that are similar to what you already love in other products
- If you are more adventurous, use the art of juxtaposition to create an intriguing blend. For example, a coriander top note (fresh and woody, paired with a rose heart note (sweet and floral) and a tobacco base note (smoky and sweet) and maybe a little twist of spice.
Ready to do it? Shop Scent Bar now.